On May 4th, the Bismarck-Mandan Young Professionals Network (YPN) celebrated its 11th anniversary and welcomed a new set of leaders at the organization’s Anniversary Celebration and Awards event. Along with new co-leads entering their positions, members also elected Amber Jensen, a Marketing and Operations Manager at MSA United Way and former YPN ambassador team co-lead, as the next vice president.
“I am very honored to have been given this opportunity to serve as the next Vice President of the YPN,” said Jensen. “I am looking forward to working with the current leadership team and continuing to provide opportunities for our members to grow personally and professionally, as well as serving our community.”
Jensen, will serve one year as vice president before assuming the role of president. Stacey Thomas, a client relations specialist at Specialized Cleaning & Restoration, took over as president at the event, while TJ Jerke, North Dakota State Director at the Humane Society of the United States, moved from president to chairman of the network. Eric Flacksbarth, a tax senior associate at Eide Bailly LLP, will also serve as Secretary/Treasurer on the executive team for a three-year term.
Along with the changes to the executive leadership, the YPN’s leadership team welcomed new co-leads, who serve two-year offset terms with one co-lead vacating his or her position each year. The new co-leads are:
- Ambassador Team: Jerry Haas, Surface Acquisition Manager at Houston Engineering, Inc.joins Kayla Rettig, Area Manager at Spherion Staffing.
- Entrepreneurship Team: Bill Heinzen, Information Security Project Manager at NISC joins Chance Schmidt, Financial Services Professional at New York Life.
- Marketing Team: Kari Pollert, Marketing Analyst at Starion Financial, joins Mariah Rittel, Communications Specialist at KLJ.
- Professional Development Team: Jillian Lagasse, Marketing Managerat Investment Centers of America, joins Jamie Jackson, Network Security Analyst at Basin Electric Power Cooperative.
- Social Team: Katie Schiltz, Executive Team Leader at Target, joins Megan Zerface, Paralegal at Stebbins Mulloy LLC.
- Service Team: Steven Richard, Chief Financial Officer at Leingang Home Center, joins Cody Schoonover, Investment Advisor at Starion Financial.